How to chill a can of soda in 2 minutes
- Normally, that would be about 20-25 minutes in a freezer.
- If you put [the can] in a bucket of ice, that would be half of that time.
- If you put water in that ice, it’d be cold (+- 5c) enough to drink in about 4-6 minutes
- If you put salt in that water, you’d reduce the chill time to just over 2 minutes.
- Agitating the can in the water, rolling it around, reduces the chill time even more.
- The fastest possible way is to grab a CO2 fire extinguisher, but salt in an ice water bucket is more practical. Reference: Lifehacker.com